Schools Cool! - Theory - New Date Shortly
Classroom location - Full day (maximum 10)
We have had this
frequently but up until
now didn’t have a
decent venue to run
one. Thankfully that has been rectified after partnering up with the
University of Wales @ Carmarthen, SA31 3EP and we now have
their awesome facilities available including a comfortable
classroom, projector and computers.
This is not just for those starting out but also for those who need reaffirming what they know and another way of looking for those
who do know. We will teach in our own inimitable way that each factor you change on your camera effects another function and it’s
that interaction that once learnt frees you up to use your camera in the right way for every situation.
Some of the topics and skills we look at:
• The exposure triangle - aperture, shutter speed and ISO; how they combine (Also expand on the alternative exposure square).
• Single focus, continuous focus and focus tracking - what are they and when to use them.
• Depth of field - How it’s caused, when to use and it’s relation to aperture.
• Focus points - when to use which setting.
• Light - types of light and using it.
• Jpegs and RAW - what is RAW and do I need to use it.
• Composition - guidelines to be taken in to account.
• Further feedback and support is given via email and on the Natureship Community page (access if you have attended any
Please note - travel and any expenses incurred are at your cost except the tea/coffee.
© Geraint Radford and Rob Cottle - Copying, displaying or redistribution of these images without written permission is prohibited